Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We're Going Camping!

Okay - the truth is Brian and I don't like camping - really we hate camping and we like cottaging only slightly more than we like camping. That brings us to the May Long Weekend - the unofficial start of summer. The unofficial start of "Cottage Season".

I have lots of friends who braved the freezing cold and rain to head to their cottages for the first long weekend of the summer,including my best friend (how we are best friends and so opposite is a completely different story). Our best friends love their cottage and spend every weekend they can there. If we want to see them over the summer, we have to go the cottage. We go once a year for one night. Last year Samantha brought her pink hard-top suitcase and her make-up bag - she has not had good camping role models.

This weekend we decided to go camping "Brian Style". We turned the heat off in the house, slept with the window open and froze. When I complained, Brian said "put on a sweatshirt -we're camping!". We grilled things on the BBQ, sat on the deck, gazed over a body of kinda green water, drank beer and didn't shower. Now this is my kind of camping! I liked it so much, I might go camping this weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. Who are you kidding you love it!!!! Me and you, a glass of wine on the dock! You need to stop fighting the mother nature in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - the wine, the dock and great company - that part I love!

    ReplyDelete