Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baseball Tournament - What was I Thinking!?!

Somehow I let Brian talk me into taking part in a Baseball Tournament. One of Brian's co-workers has a team that enters a charity tournament every year and one couple wasn't able to make it. That's where we came in. Sounds harmless enough until you add up all of the factors.

I've never been much of a ball player. Once, nineteen years ago I reluctantly entered a baseball tournament with Brian who was my boyfriend at the time. That pretty much sums up my baseball experience. I don't even like watching baseball unless there's popcorn involved.

Fast forward to last weekend. We were picked up by "Bus" at 10:30 am. When I say "Bus", I actually mean a fully equipped motor home. I contemplated hiding in the bedroom for the day but couldn't figure out how to get there without anyone noticing. After the introductions and some minor small talk, someone took my coffee and replaced with a beer. It was 10:45 am. This was vacation drinking without the vacation. It was going to be a long day.

We played three games, won one and lost 2. I got two base hits and 1 big bruise - not necessarily in that order. The rest of our team ranged in age from their late 20's to their early 30's. Considering Brian and I are in our 40's and hadn't played in almost 20 years, we held our own. Couldn't walk so well the next morning but what the heck - we had lots of fun! Sometimes listenting to Brian is a good thing. Don't panic - I said sometimes....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment