Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cheers to all you stay at home moms

I stayed home with my girls for about 14 years. That's not to say that I didn't work while I was home. When the girls were 2 and 4, we wanted to get central air conditioning but we couldn't afford it. I worked nights and weekends at Red Lobster until the "eau de crab" didn't bother me or my husband anymore and we had saved enough for central air (about 6 months if you're wondering how long it takes to get used to smelling like fish). My point is that staying home with your kids is not all macaroni crafts, vacuum games and clean floors (like some suggest). It's sacrifice, exhausting and not very romantic at all. It's also the best thing I ever did.

How does this relate to FlapArt - well, it doesn't - it relates to me and I am more than a former stay-at-home mom and I am more than FlapArt. I am all of the above....and then some.

2 comments:

  1. I would be honoured to be the first. It's funny (not in a ha ha way ) that you are my first born. so it's only fitting that i be the first fan of your BLOG. Good idea!!

    ReplyDelete